2019 RICE – CAR Winners
RICE is the marquee event for the National Invention Contest and Exhibit (NICE) which is a biennial activity which showcases Filipino efforts that embody the nation’s inventive, creative, and innovative spirit. It aims to to give recognition to the indispensable talent of Filipino inventors and to encourage others to venture into science and technology and innovations.
The following are the winners of the 2019 RICE in CAR last November 19-20, 2019 held at the Mountain Province General Comprehensive High School Quadrangle, Bontoc, Mountain Province.
Utility Model Category
- Regional Winner – Calamansi Peeling Cookies by Lynlyn M. Bawagan, Leah D. Bartolome, Arsenia M. Bayongan of Kalinga State University
- 1st Runner Up – Chicken Taro Balls by Vee Larise, Irene Calsiyao of Kalinga State University
- 2nd Runner Up – Hopia (Bakpia) with Sweet Potato Haleya Filling by Joyce K. Mama-o, Esther T. Botangen, Ines C. Gonzales of Benguet State University
Creative Research Category – Government Funded
- Regional Winner – Cocoon Deflossing Machine by Norma Ramos, Espino C. Tiw-an and Leonardo Dumalhin of Benguet State University
- 1st Runner Up – Basil Flavored Ice Cream by Jao-jao A. Somyden, Johnabel T. Basatan, Thea S. Contada, Pelin B. Belino and Ruda Fe Suanding of Benguet State University
- 2nd Runner Up – Assorted Freeze-Dries Local Fruits by Jao-jao A. Somyden, Johnabel T. Basatan, Thea S. Contada, Pelin B. Belino and Ruda Fe Suanding of Benguet State University
Creative Research Category – Private Funded
- Regional Winner – A Double Load Radia Roller Bearing by Inoc Broncano of University of Baguio
- 1st Runner Up – Local Wild Berries Cordilleran Pralines by Kristoffer Dumanas and Beverly Ann Camarillo
- 2nd Runner Up – Improvised Isometric Strength Measuring Device by Ian P. Geli of Pines City Colleges
SIBOL Award – Creative Research for College Category
- Regional Winner – Cognitime: Microcontroller-based Reaction and Movement Time Measuring Device for the Qualitative Assessment of Human Cognitive Function by Sundee Aniver P. Marquez, Charles Rex S. Tamayo, Jayves DJ Macuha, Harold Jim Bugtong and Kurt Estocada of Saint Louis University
- 1st Runner Up – E-concrete by Adrian Jake Abad of Saint Louis University
- 2nd Runner Up – E-bee by Camille J. Fernandez of Saint Louis University
SIBOL Award – Creative Research for High School Category
- Regional Winner – Solar Powered Light Trap for Rice Insect by Alice Bayle, Brent Altero, Emmanuel Benzon of Camalog National High School, Pinukpuk, Kalinga.
- 1st Runner Up – Arduino Based Automatic Switch Lighting System with Energy Consumption Monitoring via Bluetooth and SMS Modulation by Joshual Johann A. Carino, CJ M. Martinez and Honey Girl A. Balubar of Abra High School, Bangued, Abra
- 2nd Runner Up – Arduino-Based Writing Machine: Integrating Technology in Teaching Writing Systems by Jericho G. Villarico of Baguio City National Science High School
Member of the Board of judges for the 2019 RICE are Virginia Aumentado and Maria Concepcion Zabala of Intellectual Property Office – Philippines, Norberto Ambaga of DOST – ITDA, Rolando Hipol of University of the Philippines – Baguio, Vhander Ramos of DOST – ASTI and Leonardo Caligtan of PLGU Mountain Province.
Regional winners from each category will qualify as finalists for the National Invention Contest and Exhibits (NICE) in 2020.